Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What is RAW Writing?

       
raw lily
raw reaching tree; letter w
    RAW adjective         a. Being in a natural condition; not processed or refined     b. Not finished, covered, or coated     c. Not having been subjected to adjustment, treatment, or analyzed.                   d. Outspoken; crude: a raw portrayal of truth.
                                                                                                                 e. Powerfully impressive; stark;                                 raw beauty; raw talent.                                 f.  Nude; naked.
                              


raw trees in forest; letter v; letters l;letter u
RAW WRITING verb        1. an organic writing process that translates the human experience of heart, mind, body directly onto the page, unedited.   2. noun written arrangement by pen, crayon, pencil, sand, keyboard, etc created through the human body, released by the human hand, typically, but not limited to.   



Rox with her writing (writing with Rox)
RAW WRITING WITH ROX verb; syn; Intuitive Writing; Flow Writing; Heart Writing; Spontaneous Writing; Out-of-your-head Writing 1. writing in community; writing together in a group setting. 2. Process of writing raw stories, poems, memoirs, essays, recipes, to-do lists, etc on the spot and witnessing and sharing the raw beauty of what we've just written and heard. 3. noun  what is done with Rox at the Beach, The Loft, anywhere you are or want to learn with Rox about this amazing process.











writing with Rox at the Beach

RAW WRITING WITH ROX BLOGSPOT proper noun; 1. here, now. this place. 2. a place for your raw writing. 3. A cyber place where students and friends new and old of Writing with Rox can post raw writing from current or past classes, retreats, groups, prompts, etc, while writing with Rox or raw writing on one's own.

RAW WRITING SAMPLE (PART ONE)                                     

Yesterday in therapy I sat down with a foggy brain and said "I just don't know today." I just don't know. I told her I was sleep logged which happens only once in a very blue moon since i never get much sleep at all, but I said I just don't know.

"We don't have to do anything," she said.

That's funny, I said, because I was wondering if we could do some kundalini yoga together...or...

Did you hear what I said? she said, "We don't have to do anything."

Fancy that. Fancy that.

I'm just not feeling very...I'm foggy, I said. It's the perimenopause, the adrenal fatigue...

What is foggy she asked, "describe foggy."

I did.

Huh, she said. That's beautiful.

So there we sat with my fog and my content doing nothing. Not thinking. Not feeling. Just sitting. In the fog.

lotii raw
raw early moon




No comments:

Post a Comment